Re: Oracle Form 6i - LOV and copy back

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 13:16:40 GMT

On 3 Aug 2001 14:47:12 -0700, asiandoof_at_hotmail.com (CupOfWater) wrote:

>Hi, I can make oracle form display a simple LOV window with find
>capability, but I don't know how to copy the result back to the field.
> Does anyone know how to do this? I know it probably involves PL/SQL
>and triggers, but I don't know which triggers to use and what code to
>write.

If you're a beginner to Forms (and it sounds that way), I'd suggest using the LOV Wizard to start with. It'll set all this up for you. In fact, use the Wizards whenever you can: in 6i they're very good.

If you don't fancy doing this, select the LOV, and find a property called Column Mapping. Click on its button, and use Help as needed. Received on Sat Aug 04 2001 - 15:16:40 CEST

Original text of this message