Re: Forms 4.5 and 6 at the same time

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:01:20 GMT

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:59:57 +0100, "Brian" <bdmills_at_lineone.net> wrote:

>My question is can 4.5 and 6 exist on the same machine without crashing each
>other, preferably with the same Oracle Home? If so, is this a
>strainghtforward thing to do - my files living in ..\forms60\.. or whatever,
>and the other application living within its directory structure?

Don't know about 6, but we have 4.5 and 6i applications running on the same machine and at the same time. Obviously you can't set up associations with .fmx files, and you have to be a bit careful to install 4.5 before 6i, but no real problems. Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 00:01:20 CEST

Original text of this message