Oracle Forms, Order a table by a non database item

From: nick <nickymartin22_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 05:15:29 -0700

[Quoted] I"m using two tables, the first table contains all the information and a number which is the primary key in another table. The number in the first table is being used to get the actual name of the company in the other table. I can get the names I'm after by creating a simple display item and feeding the data to it through a post_Query trigger. What I can't do is order the table in forms based on that display item. In the past when I've wanted to order a table I've just used the order_by property at the block level, but that won't work since the item isn't an actual database column.

Thanks, Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 14:15:29 CEST

Original text of this message