Forms: master-detail problem (primary/foreign key)

From: (wrong string) öhle <roehle_at_mail.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:13:14 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] I am currently developing an application with Form Builder (Version 5.0.6.8.0).
On one canvas I use a master table and two detail tables. These tables are connected by an ID, which is the primary key of the master table and a foreign key of both detail tables. When I try to save (commit_form) the data entered into all tree tables I get the error ORA-02291: Primary Key not found (or similar, the original message is in German...)
This indicates (I guess) that Forms tries to insert the detail data first and of course then the error is quite normal. How can I change the order in which Forms "saves" (insert or update) the changes?
Or perhaps I have missed something else?

Stefan

PS: Please reply via email as well. Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 16:13:14 CEST

Original text of this message