Optimizing fetch of big result set - HELP!

From: Philippe Laflamme <plaflamme_at_konova.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:45:02 -0400

Hello,
[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone have any clues as how to optimize fetching of data from a result set on one table?

Explanation:
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a select statement that returns 3 columns and >200000 rows. Fetching all these rows (through OLEDB or ODBC) takes ~= 6 seconds...Which is too much. I'm already using bulk fetching with no luck (without bulk fetching it takes about 40 seconds). The select statement is only on one table.

What would be the possible ways to optimize the fetching of theses results?

[Quoted] Help please.... Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 18:45:02 CEST

Original text of this message