ConText scoring - comaprability

From: Steve Allison <steve.allison_at_citria.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 02:50:24 -0700

Hi All,

Is understand that the inverse frequency algorithm used to generate relevancy scores means that the relevancy score of a given item is dependent on the size of the index.

So, if I have two indexed tables of different sizes and perform the same search on each table are the scores for each result directly comparable? i.e. is the 'document set' the number of items indexed in a given table/index or the total number of items indexed from all tables/indicies?

If it's the latter, is it possible to have interMedia / ConText build an index on columns from accross multiple tables? The end result would be a set up where 'select...contains' queries on any of the tables used would run against the same index. This way I would hope that relevancy scores would be comparable.

Thanks,
Steve Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 11:50:24 CEST

Original text of this message