Designer sequence for attributes/columns/etc.

From: Patrick Demets <patrick_demets_at_cpr.ca>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 12:28:45 -0700

I've posted this before, but received no response. Perhaps the subject title was misleading. So here it goes again.

In previous versions of Designer, there was the ability to specify the increment for sequencing new attributes and columns. This seems to have disappeared from Des6i, or been moved around.

For example, under Des 1.3, assuming my "increment sequence" was set to 3, when I created a new attribute the sequence number would be the largest sequence number within the entity + 3.

I've toyed around with Utilities -> Resequence, but this only allows re-ordering, not re-sequencing (i.e., it leaves the sequence numbers intact).

Also, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the sequence number assigned to Unique Identifier components. I've seen sequence numbers in the ten range jump to the hundred range.

Even more bizarre, I've seen nothing of this posted anywhere. Am I missing something obvious, or am I the only one who thinks this is an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 21:28:45 CEST

Original text of this message