Re: Switch from ODBC to OCI (MS VC++ 6)

From: Sergey Sikorskiy <sergey_sikorsky_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:37:59 GMT

"Michael Buresch" <MBu_at_b-w-computer.de> wrote in message news:9jh1bn$95d$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hallo,
>
> I want to switch my apllication from ODBC to OCI. I use MS VC++ 6.
> Are there tips how to do it in a quick way? (Automatic conversation???)
> What's about the performance?

You can try to use any free or commercial OCI wrapper. Like this: http://www.geocities.com/skuchin/otl/home.htm Or like this: http://www.roguewave.com/products/sourcepro/db/

If you are an ODBC guru, it will be not difficult for you to switch to OCI, because a main difference between ODBC and OCI is a function preffics (SQL or OCI). But if you are a JDBC guru, try to use a new OCCI library fron version 9. It is designed on the same way.

Like in ODBC, I suggest to use array interfaces. It is much faster.

Sergey Sikorsky Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 05:37:59 CEST

Original text of this message