Running 11.5.4 Oracle Applications and NEED A 8i DATABASE CLONE.

From: Demandred <demandred__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:21:06 GMT

Problem is we need a clone of a 11i instance. The way we want to do it is by just copying the database. Adclone does not work properly for us and has failed and support hasn't been able to help us for a couple of days now. Here
is the basic idea of how we are trying to clone our 11i instance. We ran rapid
install and have a NEW 11.5.4 instance up with a fresh database. We also have
a OLD 11.5.4 instance that has 6 one off patches on it. We took the NEW 11i instance and applied the 6 one off patches on it. Now our APPL_TOP's should be
identical in theory so we don't want to copy these. The next step was to copy
the database over and bring it up with a control file and changing the name to
the proper one. The last step would be to run *.sql files that change the profiles and such so that the db would reflect the right ones (I assume that rapid install created these someplace). This is where the problem is. What files do we have to copy to make this database clone happen? If you have to go
into the application and manually change the profiles how do you get a list of
all the current profiles? So that I could have a hard copy of them.

To clone 11i without the Copying the APPL_TOP's because they shouldn't be different because both instances are on the same patch level. Only 6 one off patches. Does this make sense? Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:21:06 CEST

Original text of this message