Using 6i Form Builder via x-windows (server) or desktop?

From: Alex Fretwell <afret_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:54:03 -0700

We have custom 4.5 app forms that need be upgraded to 6i and installed in HPUX11 against a 8.1.6 database. I'm wondering what are the arguments to use X-windows to access the form builder/designer from the server or to install and use the builder/designer on the desktop (W2Kpro). From what I understand, there are X-window products from Exceed and Reflection and there is Developer 6i for MS Windows. The one inconvenience to the desktop is that the form must be transferred to the server and then generated. Does anybody have any other pros/cons, preferences on the development environment? Received on Mon Jul 23 2001 - 21:54:03 CEST

Original text of this message