OraFocus Weekly: Community DBA Tool, features, scripts and more

From: Jason Filby <jason.filby_at_orafocus.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:54:58 GMT

In this weeks update
- Community DBA Tool Proposed

  • Free memory if you don't use Java in the database
  • Annoncements and alerts
  • New scripts
  • Summary of our First Week

Community DBA Tool Proposed

At OraFocus.com we're looking to start a community effort to build a highly modular DBA Tool. It will be Open Source so that anyone can modify the way it works. We'd like it to be able to use plug-in scripts. This would mean that you can take existing Oracle scripts and just plug them into the tool. You can discuss this tool and ask questions by visint OraFocus.com (its listed as a latest feature).

Free memory if you don't use Java in the database

If you're not using Java in the database, you could free up to 20Mb of memory! Visit OraFocus.com and check out this feature if you're interested in finding out how.

Announcements and alerts

  • Download Oracle Warehouse Builder 3i
  • Oracle on NT susceptible to DoS attacks
  • Oracle9i Application Server now available for Linux

Read more about and discuss these announcements and alerts at our site's Features section. To receive faster notification of postings like these, register at OraFocus.com.

New scripts

  • Create new tablespace (Posted by Dave Sisk)
  • Object size script (Posted by Murali)
  • Compile all invalid procedures (Posted by Markus Stuhlpfarrer)

All of these scripts where uploaded by registered users.

Summary of our First Week

Well OraFocus.com has been live for a little over a week now and we'd like to thank everyone for their feedback (we make an effort to implement the suggestions we receive, or give a valid reason why not). We have 44 registered users and hope that this number will grow. Registered users receive updates via email and can access the more interactive areas of the site. If you have any comments about the site, or any other feedback, please contact us.

  • Jason Filby (jason.filby_at_orafocus.com) http://orafocus.com - Focusing on the World of Oracle