Re: archiving redo logs

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:54:15 GMT

In article <nzZ_6.13341$m17.290711_at_news2.nokia.com>, "Ronald says...

>Hi,
>
>I have 4 similar databases in different locations, one of these databases
>produces and awful lot of archive files each morning between 6 and 7 am (1,5
>gb). The other 3 don't show any activity for archiving at this time of day.
>
>I cannot find the reason why this one database creates these arch files.
>
>Does anyone have an idea ?

select * from dba_jobs
and see what might be scheduled to run.

Look at your alert log and see if there are any messages.

Look in OEM job scheduling to see what you might be running.

Between 6am and 7am, log in and see whats being done.....

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/