Re: sqlldr: get data from two lines

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:57:07 GMT

Well, go back and extract the data with the date on the line with the string data.

Example:

06/29/01 name1 street1 city1
06/29/01 name2 street2 city2

Jan Haase (jh_at_informationsdesign.de) wrote:
: Hi.

: I want to use sqlldr to insert data (from a file in the following format) into
: a database:

: 06/29/01
: name1 street1 city1
: name2 street2 city2
: name3 street3 city3
: ...

: A database row looks like:

: name street city date

: So I have to take the value "06/29/01" from the first line and use it with
: every following line to insert it with the other data.

: Probably that's an easy task but I don't find any hints in the documentation.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u