Re: How to increase the number of threads.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:54:42 GMT

[Quoted] In article <9hk9pv$ga$1_at_slb7.atl.mindspring.net>, "Student" says...

>Thanks for your initial feedback and pointers.
>
>Just a little background here..
>
>Yes, I am attempting to build a single node/ two
>instance parallel server architecture on a Linux box
>(SuSe Linux 7.1) based on Oracle version 9.0.1.0.0
>(9i Real Application Cluster)

it makes no sense whatsoever to have a one node cluster. OPS needs two computers. With one computer -- you have single instance oracle.

If you had two computers, you would simply mount and open the same database -- [Quoted] [Quoted] they would not have their own temp, data, rollback and such -- its a shared everything architecture.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/
[Quoted] Expert one on one Oracle, programming techniques and solutions for Oracle.