Re: How to increase the number of threads.

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:54:31 GMT

[Quoted] you'd need to be running Oracle Parallel Server.

the clause "thread 2" in the context you are using it refers to multiple Oracle instances managing a single database, each instance writes its own log files.

if you can't make sense of that, then you may find it beneficial to review the Oracle Concepts manual, available free of charge with registration at OTN. http://technet.oracle.com

i think i'd be more concerned with the number of log groups, and adding a second member to each log group, rather than trying to add a thread.