Re: Looking for non techie tools

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:53:58 GMT

Hanan Cohen wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am looking for a system that will give our intranet users the
> abbility to create tables, define columns, add and edit the data, all
> of this using a web browser.
>
> Then, they could publish the URL of the table to all the other
> employees which will be able to view, search and sort the content of
> the table.
>
> A good example of such a tool can be found it Yahoo Groups.
>
> Does anyone know of such a tool?
>
> Thanks,
> Hanan Cohen

Not only do I know of no such tool. I can't imagine anything other than a complete disaster were such a tool to exist. Oracle is not SQL Server. You can not go around blindly creating objects and expect performance to do anything other than head rapidly down hill. You are talking about no indexes, no constraints, no security, and by extension ... no performance.

Also, you do seem to have contradicted yourself. If such a tool exists on Yahoo ... by all means have at it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 08:53:58 CEST

Original text of this message