Re: append to a spool file

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:53:09 GMT

Once you issue a spool, it writes over the previous version, you cannot append to it.
However, you can get the contents of the file to your SQL*Plus session using the get command.

SQL>  get myfile
SQL> 1 this is a test line from myfile
SQL>  spool myfile
SQL>  .
SQL>  .

If you are using unix, you can strip out any spool statements in your output using sed afterwards.

Not the most elegant solution, but a solution nonetheless!