ORACLE SPATAIL geometry entry giving problem

From: Chandan D. <cd_at_aurovision.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:52:48 GMT

Hi All,
I am trying to insert a rectangle geometry which has one interior rectangle geometry which in turn has one interior rectangle geometry. If i m not wrong Oracle spatial can identify a rectangle by specifying 2 points.
So i tryed following query:
INSERT INTO INOUT VALUES(
101,
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(

2003,
NULL,
NULL,

MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY
(1,1003,2,5,2003,3, 9,2003,3),

MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY
(1,2,13,14,12,13,2,3,9,10,5,6)

)
);

But this doesn't work.So I tryed by specifying all the points for the outer most geometry with following query: INSERT INTO INOUT VALUES(
101,
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(

2003,
NULL,
NULL,

MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY
(1,1003,2,11,2003,3,15,3,3),

MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(1,2,13,2,13,14,1,14,1,2,12,13,2,3,9,10,5,6) )
);

But this also doesn't work . This query displays both the interior rectangles but not the exterior.
Can any one tell me the solution?
I am having a table with just two columns 'GID'(NUMBER) and 'INOUTGEOM' (SDOGEOM). Thanx in advance.....

Chandan D. Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 08:52:48 CEST

Original text of this message