Pro*C, SQL-02115 error, Sun OS...?

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_gers.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:58:37 GMT

We are getting a SQL-02115 error at runtime in one of our Pro*C programs, but only on our Sun box (but compiles and runs fine on our DB/UX and AIX boxes). We've traced the error to this section of code:

EXEC SQL DECLARE C10 CURSOR FOR
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM GM_PRC

WHERE  ITM_CD      = RTRIM(:C_ITM_CD)
AND    PRC_ZONE_CD = RTRIM(:C_MPL_PRC_ZONE_CD)
AND    PRC_GRP_CD  = RTRIM(:C_MPL_PRC_GRP_CD)
AND    TO_CHAR(BEG_DT,'J') || LPAD(BEG_TIME,5,'0') <
       :C_EFF_BEG_DT || LPAD(:C_ANS_BEG_TIME,5,'0')
AND    PC_TP       = 'MD';

EXEC SQL OPEN C10;
EXEC SQL FETCH C10 INTO :I_MD_TAKEN:I_I0; EXEC SQL CLOSE C10; This is the cause/action (not as helpful as I'd like):

02115, 00000, "Code interpretation problem -- check COMMON_NAME usage" // *Cause: With PRO*FORTRAN, this error occurs if the precompiler option
// COMMON_NAME is specified incorrectly. With other Oracle
// Precompilers, this error occurs when the precompiler cannot
// generate a section of code.

// *Action: With Pro*FORTRAN, when using COMMON_NAME to precompile two or
// more source modules, make sure to specify a different
common name
// for each module. With other Oracle Precompilers, if the
error
// persists, call customer support for assistance.

Has anyone run across this before? Solutions? Any info is appreciated. Searched the 'net w/Google and it didn't reveal any additional information other than the above.

Thanks!

Matt Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:58:37 CEST

Original text of this message