Export Job fails because of different NLS_LANG

From: Tom Jordan <TomJordanTojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:58:33 GMT

[Quoted] I am using OEM 2.2 and Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows NT

The export job I scheduled is failing because of:

	EXP-00041: Export in UTF8 from Server differs from character set
	WE8ISO8859P1 from user

The database I am exporting is indeed UTF8. The preffered credentials for the database are INTERNAL/PASSWORD AS SYSDBA. The job belongs to SYSMAN. The OEM repository is also in UTF8. Now, which user is logging into "exp", and how do I change its NLS_LANG setting? I even changed the NLS_LANG environment variable to UTF8 on the OEM machine, but no go.

Why can't these things just work the first time? Message to exp: just do the conversion! Sorry, just venting there..

Thanks. Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:58:33 CEST

Original text of this message