Re: Use MS Access to create Oracle Tables?

From: (wrong string) ärvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:58:34 GMT

Jim <no-spam_at_no-spam.org> writes:
> I know next to nothing about MS Access but we have a user that wants
> to create tables in our Oracle 8.1.7 server and we would like to
> support him with some sort of GUI tool. Does anyone know if MS Access
> can be used as a general purpose front end to Oracle that would allow
[Quoted] > a user to create/drop tables, indexes, etc?

I have never tried but: it might be that via ODBC it might be possible to create tables, maybe even indexes. If the database is going to be a very small ne it might work ok but I don't know if it is in any way possible to select tablespace or specify "storage" clause via access..and propably 2 million other small thingies. Is there even support for all datatypes?

ObjectManager (downloadable for free from http://orasoft.org/om/ ) to my understanding does thing or two "graphically" but I have no idea if it works in the m$ world.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"