Re: SQL Loader Question

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:03 GMT

User6 wrote:

> Thanks for the advice without the attitude...I'm just getting into db's and
> this stuff is a blast!!
> "Daniel A. Morgan" <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com> wrote in message
> > User6 wrote:
> >
> > > Newbie post....
> > >
> > > For SQLloader....what file type does the control file have to be....can
> > > make the control file in notepad and then name it with the right
> > > extension....please help...thanks in advance
> >
> > ASCII. Any old text file created in notepad (Windows) or vi (UNIX) or any
> > other text editor will do.
> >
> > And there is no "right" extension. Call the file anything you want. Then
> > supply that file name to SQLLDR. You can even do it with no extension if
 you
> > choose. The .ctl extension is pretty common but that is just a convention;
> > nothing more.
> >
> > Daniel A. Morgan

I only have an "attitude" when I feel that people made no attempt to read the manual or help themselves. You demonstrated an obvious effort to learn. And that I, and I'm sure everyone else, will always support. Remember none of us here are getting paid. We do this because we enjoy helping people learn Oracle. What we don't enjoy is people that want us to do their work for them.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:57:03 CEST

Original text of this message