Re: Password for Personal Oracle 8i Database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:55:06 GMT

"jo" <joanna.champagne_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote in message news:9go8en$171$2_at_fenris.isp.9tel.net...
> Hi all,
>
> sorry for disturb you but i have a serious problem with Personal Oracle 8i
> when starting it. I explain you below the process i have followed and what
> errors occured :
>
> 1. I have installed Personal Oracle 8i Edition ==>>> Everythings seem
 OK
> 2. I have created a new database ==>>> Everythings seem OK
> 3. I have exported this database ==>>> Everythings seem OK, message
> "export succeded"
> 4. I have imported the same database ==>>> message "import succeded"
> 5. Then I wanted to enter in this database and THEN during the
> re-starting of Oracle, a password is needed ?????? A window alert named
> "Protection verification" asked me for a password ???? I don't understand
> because i have never enter any password ????
>
> Do you have any idea on that problem ???
>
> Thanks.

Yes, you never read any documentation and just started to install rightaway. Also you don't provide any clues on the version you are using and the exact message you are seeing. Personally I've *never* seen the message you are describing, so it very much looks like the install went astray. Likely this is the internal password, the default internal password (which is documented of course in the getting started manual, which you should have installed) is 'oracle'

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:55:06 CEST

Original text of this message