Re: Oracle Forms and NT4.0

From: Stephan Langer <slanger_at_qits.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:26 GMT

Hi charles,

we once had a very odd problem using developer 6 (not 6i): It was that on an hp - computer with nt4 and developer 6 and some chrystal sound chip on board where forms and reports hangs when started. One extra symptom of the failure was, that you couldn't edit textfiles with notepad or wordpad anymore: moving to the last line freezes the editor. Also shutdown wasn't possible after that anymore :-(.

In the end we found that the cause were the sound - drivers that came with the pc! (Don't know why it really was that way, but disabling the sound-card enabled reports and forms). Sound-drivers without Developer worked fine / Developer w/o sound the same. (Have no bug-no, TAR was PMS 825638 / Oracle Germany, End of 1999)

Can it be you ran in a similar problem? Try deaktivating sound-card or other not needed hardware and try to run forms again - maybe it helps.

hth Stephan