Re: Re: Oracle Forms and NT4.0

From: charles peterson <cpeterson_at_co.barron.wi.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:21 GMT

[Quoted] Carsten and Anand,

Forgive me for not mentioning the following information in my first post. I hope this will clear up some confusion.

I am running an oracle forms application on NT4.0 SP6, 550Mhz, 128MB RAM. (3 different machines) The application runs fine on Win95, 98 and 2000 professional. The database is 8i and it is on a Win2000 server. The application requires that the forms and reports runtime environments be installed. That is it. I don't need any other Designer files on Win95, 98 or 2000. (except for the tnsnames.ora, etc.)

This is a client-server application so we are not using any of the web stuff. I can connect to the database every time using query builder or SQL plus (when installed, not required.)

I finally got the application to work on NT last night but I don't know how. I was installing and unstalling oracle designer modules until it worked. What I want to know is why it works so much differently on NT4.0 WKS. SP6 than 95,98 or 2000 professional.

I have dropped the java hypothesis (thanks Anand) in favor of a memory allocation hypothesis. The application, once working, will not work after running a memory intensive task. That is: printing a large graphic file, and closing that app, then trying to re-open the forms app.

Another reason it is not the sqlnet config- the app does not even get to the point of asking which database it wants to access before it hangs.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Charles
Carsten <carpet_at_wanadoo.es> wrote in article <000601c0faf8$7c216290$e799a8c0_at_dominio1>... Dear Anand,

I am running 8.1.6 and 6i on the same NT4 machine without problems. However, I never heard about MS-Loopback adapter. Could you tell where to get information about it?

Carsten