Re: Reading registry from Stored Procedure using DLL?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:55:21 GMT

In article <3B2FD20A.27ED8600_at_attws.com>, "Daniel says...

>Dutchy wrote:
>
>> Hi y'all,
>>
>> This is my first post in this group and I hope if someone can come up
>> with a sollution.
>>
>> I am trying to read some string values out of my registry (NT4) using
>> a own developed DLL (in Visual Basic) which uses the ADVAPI32.DLL.
>>
>> The DLL works fine. Only when I try to use it from a stored procedure
>> it doesn't work and generates the following error:
>> "ERROR at line 1:
>> ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL"
>>
>> Somehow this doesn't work. Is is possible to retrieve values from the
>> registry in a stored procedure?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Pim
>
>I've never heard of anyone executing a DLL from a stored procedure.
>Exactly how were you planning to do this?
>
>Daniel A. Morgan

It is called an external procedure. See

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/appdev.816/a76939/adg11rtn.htm#1656

Allows PLSQL to invoke an external piece of code in a DLL (nt), .so/.sl (solaris, aix, hp and various other unixes)

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/