Re: Date presented as VARCHAR2 in forms6

From: SeredinaMy <srayzberg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:56:02 GMT

[Quoted] Thanks, Mark and Daniel,

[Quoted] I totally agree with you, but unfortunately, it's not in my power to change [Quoted] it. The rationale for YYYYMMDD was to make it easily orderable by the other [Quoted] programs and validation routines, plus, in all the (15+) tables all the columns(hundreds) are made VARCHAR2. I have inherited this design :o((

Thanks for your help.

Sergey

> > SeredinaMy wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I have a table where date stored in YYYYMMDD as VARCHAR2. This goes
 to the
> > > form into VARCHAR2 field. Users would like to see it in DD-MON-YYYY as
> > > date, update it if needed and save back as ...VARCHAR2 again in
 YYYYMMDD.