Re: creating a database through odbc?

From: William S. Kossack <wskossack_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:58:01 GMT

Gads! I posted that I found the solution and the discussion continues!

I had asked our corporate dba (lower case on purpose) how to do it and I got a nothing response which is typical. All I needed was a pointer to how best to create a table to test the app.....after getting no help I got a book and I discovered that what I needed was a loader script (child's play)

I'm a statistician doing some development needing to pull information from oracle. What I know is data. How to use it and how to milk knowledge from it. To me a database is simply a means of trying to keep data so you can retrieve it later.

This entire discussion is very similar to going into a large library for the first time as a young child and wanting a book on a subject asked a librarian ....do you know what I got? They showed me to the huge card catalog higher than me! AND WALKED AWAY WITHOUT EXPLAINING IT!

I've been figuring it out on my own ever since Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:58:01 CEST

Original text of this message