Re: retrieve foreign keys list

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:53:23 GMT

[Quoted] In article <3B2A4DB5.A497E105_at_attws.com>, "Daniel says...

>> But the Oracle manuals have been advising users for
>> years that the CONNECT, RESOURCE, and DBA
>> roles exist only for backwards compatibility and
>> should not be used in future developments. Each site
>> is supposed to design its own roles, so it is perfectly
>> reasonable for the ALL_ and USER_ views to be
>> unavailable at a well-controlled site.
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Lewis
>
>They have ... and I drop them as soon as I install an instance.
>
>But I have yet to visit a client site where they were not still in place and
>assigned as the defaults.
>
>If our correspondent doesn't have a competent DBA on-site to ask the question he
>asked here ... there is a 99.999+% chance he has CONNECT.

Not that it is relevant but the USER_ and ALL_ views are assigned to PUBLIC, not to a connect role.

He doesn't need connect, just create session.

>Daniel A. Morgan

Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries Howtos and such: http://asktom.oracle.com/ http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/ Oracle Magazine: http://www.oracle.com/oramag Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:53:23 CEST

Original text of this message