Re: Oracle Lite question

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:58:16 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:11:15 +0200, "JJ" <jocke30_gbg_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to move the data/structure from Oracle 8i to Oracle Lite.
>
>I have made a dump file from Oracle 8i with the export command 'exp' (Unix),
>moved the file to WinNT and then tries to import the dump file into Oracle
>Lite. I have tried to execute 'olload' with the dump file as parameter but
>it doesn't work.
>
>How can I create the Oracle Lite database with data/structure from the dump
>file?

[Quoted] I've never used Oracle Lite, but under other versions of Oracle, the utility I'd be looking for would be called "import". The executable file name, under Windows, would be something like imp73.exe for Oracle 7: sorry, don't use 8i so don't know what it's called there.

[Quoted] But, I have a nasty feeling that Oracle Lite doesn't include Import, which is a pain. Loader, yes, but that's for loading flat files, not export files.

[Quoted] Try opening up the exported dump file with a text editor. It tends to look like a series of SQL commands for re-creating the database. Maybe you can do something with that? I've never tried, but it sounds possible? Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:58:16 CEST

Original text of this message