Re: PL/SQL editor for Designer 6i?

From: Bastiaan Schaap <fake_address_at_nomail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:51:39 GMT

Hi Andrew,

Personally I always prefer to do it the other way around.... I write my code (just like you do) in a third party tool (In my case PLSQL Developer). This is what I work with most comfortably. After my code is finished I simply reverse engineer it back into Designer (capture database design, and then simply select the packages/procedures/functions you want to 'import'). If I need to make small changes in the code, I can live with the scrappy editor... I'm not saying it is the best solution, however this method does allow you to work the way you are used to, while still allowing you to save all your code and changes within Oracle Designer.

Just my two cents,

--
Bastiaan Schaap