Re: PDF and CLOB

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:49:54 GMT

"Fred Schlinkert" <silvi_fred_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:3B21C723.73A18093_at_t-online.de...
> Hello!
> Whoever can help me with the following problem:
>
> Readings of a file (PDF) of the local file-system (NTFS),
> stores the file in a CLOB, writes the file on the server (Unix).
>
> The DBMS_Lob.fileopen doesn't seem to work, since the object 'Directory'
>
> shows always the server-path.
>
> Thx
> Fred

No, that is just Working As Designed. How can a server have access to clients without appropiate measures. It would also blur the distinction between client and server and create a myriad of relationships. It is quite understandble Oracle didn't implement it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:49:54 CEST

Original text of this message