Oracle Reports vs. Crystal Reports

From: Todd Rubel <trubel_at_oakgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:49:22 GMT

[Quoted] I have a good amount of experience with Crystal Reports and zero experience with Oracle Reports. My boss has asked me specific questions regarding both packages and I thought that maybe you guys/girls could help. If anyone can compare the 2 with the following questions, I will be forever grateful. Thanks.

  1. What is in Oracle Reports that is not in Crystal? [Quoted]
  2. Does the Oracle Suite, once learned, make creation of reports easier than Crystal? [Quoted]
  3. Does the Oracle Suite allow for more flexibility in grouping and filtering on the fly than Crystal? [Quoted]
  4. Does either suite allow for future development of reports off an OLAP database? And how? [Quoted]
  5. Does Oracle require the developers suite for configurability? [Quoted]
  6. Which tool is easier to use for trending if not automatic? [Quoted]
  7. What is the learning curve of Oracle Reports? [Quoted]
  8. What do larger databases usually use for a reporting tool? [Quoted]
  9. Which is better in dealing with complex queries? [Quoted]
  10. For basically the same report/query, which reporting tool would be faster?

[Quoted] Thanks again folks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd M. Rubel
Wellesley, MA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:49:22 CEST

Original text of this message