DATA MANAGER DOES NOT LAUNCH ON OEM CONSOLE

From: JLM <walrus_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:48:42 GMT

On Windows 2000 / Oracle Server 8.1.7.1.1 / OEM 2.2.0.0.0 with OMS installed and a repository created.

When I try to launch Data Manager (Exp / Imp / SQL Loader), I always get a Java error box with the message 'Argument List Too Long' and the wizard never appears. My preferred credentials are correctly set and the listener log shows me that a connection to the target database is established, but it never goes any further than this error message box.

Also I won't be able to launch simple tasks (always getting the message VNI-2015). The agent works well though because, i can see alerts when i shutdown databases. Maybe the two problems have the same cause.

My configuration is local with the user Administrator being the one who has installed Oracle soft and being in ORA_DBA group.

Can someone tell me what i've done wrong ?

Thanks.

JL MARTIS - France Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:48:42 CEST

Original text of this message