Re: Profiler tool

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:48:56 GMT

Steffen Ramlow wrote:

> "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
>
> > Oracle does that just fine. Or have you somehow missed the phrase REF
> > CURSOR in the documentation and here in this group?
>
> this is the same again:
>
> it's possible in oracle, but it's much more complicated than in sql server
>

> > Oh, that's right, Microsofties don't read documentation. Sorry for the
> > moment of confusion.
>
> no comment...

[Quoted] Let me see if I understand what you find difficult.

OPEN refcursor_variable FOR
SELECT fields
FROM tablename
WHERE somecondition...;

Oh my that is difficult. I presume in SQL Server you just grunt and a little paperclip jumps up and knows what you want to do next.

Sorry ... I just couldn't resist. I'll try harder to behave next week.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:48:56 CEST

Original text of this message