database link problem

From: marina <marina_at_cronos.be>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:47:34 GMT

[Quoted] I have created a database link successfully and then made a public synonym. No problems at all.
However when i use %type to reference a field in the public synonim in forms it does not compile, the same code compiles without a problem in toad. Example
CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM tableA

   FOR userowner.tableA_at_otherdb.WORLD;

using something like this works fine in TOAD not in forms :

   declare

       fld_a tableA.fieldA%type;
   begin
   end;

forms tells me that tableA.fieldA must be declared, TOAD compiles ! i am at a loss
any help would be appreciated Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:47:34 CEST

Original text of this message