Re: SQL*Plus Batch Mode Supported on Windows?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:46:51 GMT

Tony Murphy (tony_murphy_at_yahoo.com) wrote:
: hi,

: can someone tell me if its possible to run a sql*plus batch file under windows. I get an error

: D:\Development\Java\Test\Java-Stored-Procedure\HelloWorld>echo off
: << was unexpected at this time.

: When I run a .bat file containing the following commands:

: ----------------------------------------------------------------
: echo off
: echo Loading Java Stored Procedure

: sqlplus -silent scott/tiger <<EOF

: whenever sqlerror continue

: create or replace function HELLOWORLD return VARCHAR2 as
: language java name 'Hello.world () return java.lang.String';
: /
: EOF
: ------------------------------------------------------------------

: looks like syntax that works under unix doesn't work under windows

First, there are two versions of sqlplus, one is a GUI, and one is the command line version. You need to ensure you are using the command line version to run in batch files.

Second, I would like refrase your above to...

	"looks like syntax that works under one command shell doesn't
	always work under a different command shell"

To solve your problem

-1- create a seperate file with the SQL commands you need
-2- run the correct sqlplus
-3- use the _at_ argument on the command line to run the sql file

So the batch file will look something like this

	REM Run sql plus command line on a .SQL file
	plus33 scott/tiger_at_host @your-file.sql

and the sql file will look something like

  • these are the sql commands create or replace function HELLOWORLD return VARCHAR2 as language java name 'Hello.world () return java.lang.String';
--
Want to access the command line of your CGI account?  Need to debug your
installed CGI scripts?  Transfer and edit files right from your browser?

What you need is "ispy.cgi" - visit http://nisoftware.com/ispy.cgi