Re: Oracle 8.1.6 ProC and error codes , C++

From: Thomas Roemke <troemke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:45:47 GMT

> > if (0 > sqlca.sqlcode)
> > {
> > printErrorMessageAndExit();
> > }
> >
> What's wrong with that? It has never hurt anyone!!!

Sybrand, I kindly ask you to post serious articles. I'm a programmer not a hacker, therefore I want to figure out how the information that is provided by the ProC database interface can be used in the way I described in my original posting.

> You'r just asking for it!
> By reading the Pro*C manual

What do you think I did ?

> which will tell you you can use exec sql whenever to address your errors
> It will also tell you the only 'warning' is -1403, meaning no data found

nope, I disagree.

> There simply is no header file with all the error codes, which is probably
> on purpose as the error codes *and messages* are provided by the server.

well, but since there are programmers outside, not just only hackers, the probability is high that someone else already has such an include file ...

Thomas Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:45:47 CEST

Original text of this message