Re: diff bewteen 8i and 9i?

From: Randall Roberts <randall_at_filer.org.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:47:06 GMT

[Quoted] Two things David Austin told us that Howard didn't point out... the INTERNAL [Quoted] account and server manager are actually going away. (According to David, some people have successfully used 8i's server manager... but it hasn't been fully tested).

[Quoted] David talked about KEEP/RECYCLE/DEFAULT only to say that the documentation so far is written on beta software. At this point they're still supporting [Quoted] the multiple pools only for the default block size. But that doesn't mean they won't either get rid of them, or expand the support later.

[Quoted] David also mentioned that 9i is supposed to more fully support ANSI standard [Quoted] SQL. I am hoping that they're going to support scrolling cursors, so we can FETCH NEXT, PRIOR, FIRST, LAST, ABSOLUTE n, and RELATIVE n. Any mention of [Quoted] those Howard? How soon to you think schools participating in the Oracle Education programs will be able to get those 17 chapters?

Best!

Randall