Re: Profiler tool

From: Steffen Ramlow <s.ramlow_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:45:39 GMT

hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] after checking out the dictionary views i found v$sql, but this view contains only one row per different statement, so when i do:

select * from x;
select * from x;
select * from x;

i will find only one "select * from x" in v$sql

what i want is a complete history of all statements and the corresponding session ids

is this available?

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3B125CCB.20DB3AA6_at_exesolutions.com...
> Steffen Ramlow wrote:
>
> > i have heard that somewhere in our world people exist, which know
 oracle
> > and sql server
> >
> > ok, here it comes:
> >
> > sql server profiler is a tool which allows to monitor all statements
 send to
> > the server
> > the profiler has many filtering capabilities and a rich and handy gui
> >
> > maybe i'm looking for a gui for oracle trace and audit
> >
> > "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

 Profiler?

> > > Excellent questions. Steffen joins a long list of other SQL Server
 types
> > > that somehow figure that SQL Server may have capabilities not present
 in
> > > far superior databases and who assumes that because it is a Microsoft
> > > product we should either know, or care, about it.
> > >
> > > Perhaps we will learn something about SQL Server ... and he will learn
> > > something about Oracle.
> > >
> > > Daniel A. Morgan
> > >

> There are people that claim to know both products. But I've yet to meet
 one
> whose knowledge of Oracle wasn't superficial. Meaning they could hack
 around but
> couldn't do anything that couldn't use a rewrite. (to whom it may concern:
 if