Re: forms help

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:44:20 GMT

"Ben Richardson" <benr_at_switchit.com> wrote in message news:cfKP6.2091$V5.5340_at_news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au...
> I have installed Oracle 8i and have been able to create a database, add
> users, and connect to it through SQL*Plus, but when I try to connect to my
> database through Forms Builder I get the following error:
>
> ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name
>
> Any ideas?

1 which version of Forms? Various versions use different variants of network/admin, net80/admin for their configuration files 2 Sqlnet needs to be configured, it looks like you didn't do so 3 This question has been answered *numerous* times, please try to search the archives of this group at google and/or provide a more specific subject line.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:44:20 CEST

Original text of this message