Re: Where are icons really stored?

From: Some One Else <algernon_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:44:22 GMT

randall_at_filer.org.nospam (Randall Roberts) wrote in <3b0f0af0$1_2_at_news.pcmagic.net>:

>Using the registry entries is a PITA.
>
>In Windows create a shortcut to ifrun60.EXE with the full path to your
>compiled form as an argument. Then modify the Start In property of the
>shortcut giving it the path of your compiled form instead of the path to
>ifrun60.EXE. Put all your icons in the same directory as your compiled
>form. You can put your shortcut on the desktop or in the Start Menu.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Using the registry or creating a shortcut both require special modifications to the client's set up.

[Quoted] What I would do in other development languages/environments is capture the path to the running form using a provided variable or function. Then I would create the full path to the icon programmatically and set the icon property of the targetted button. But in Oracle:

  (1) Is there a way to capture the runtime path?   (2) Oracle documentation says not to specify the full

      path to the icon ... is there a danger in using
      full paths? (like a page fault if the total length
      is greater than x characters ?)

Thanks again ! Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:44:22 CEST

Original text of this message