Re: Global Temporary Table in Reports 6i

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:41:45 GMT

Patterson wrote:

> How can I create, then populate a global temporary table within a report,
> then base the report on that table?
>
> RDBMS: Oracle 8.1.6; Server: Windows NT
> Client: Windows 98

Since Reports layout is done at design time, you need to have at least some consistency in the columns and the layout. Once you decide on this, then you create a global temporary table ONCE - you can populate it at runtime in a before-report trigger

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"