Re: What are the tables starting with EVT_ , SM, SMP_ . How can I get rid of them?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:41:43 GMT

Anon wrote:

> A have application installed at a customer's site that uses Oralce
> 8.0.5. I was up there today and we noticed some tables in the
> database that should not be there.
> These tables have names that start with the following:
> EVT_ , SM , SMP_
>
> What are these? I think some are related to Enterprise Manager. Most
> of the tables have no data in them. I noticed them a few months ago
> and I dropped them but now they are back.
> What can I do to get rid of them?
> What do I need to shut off to ensure that they do not come back.
>
> They do not use this instance of Oracle for anything other than my app
> and my app does nto use these tables.
>
> Thanks,
> DOn

When you startup Ent Mgr, it checks for a catalog and if not, prompts you to install them which may explain why they keep coming back... One to ensure they don't come back is to make sure that no-one has the facility to create them in your production database... quotas, security etc

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"