Re: Oracle8i Enterprise

From: Glenn Nyhan <gnyhan1_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:46:19 GMT

Rana,

Here is the way I did it. Install Oracle 8i (database) first in a separate home from Oracle Management Server (these must be installed in separate Homes) then install Oracle Forms & Reports 6i. Make sure they are in separate Homes. Example: If Oracle 8i is in Home named Ora81 and Oracle Management Server is in Home name Ora82, then you should create Ora83 as a Home for Oracle Forms & Reports 6i. I have been told that by Oracle support that Oracle Forms & Reports 6i must be installed before the other two but this does not make sense. I was told in addition by support that if I put Oracle Forms & Reports 6i on a separate drive I should be o.k. and since I have two drives in my computer this is what I did, and it works fine and I have not had any problems. One last thing, in your environmental path the last installed Home i.e. in my case Ora83 (where Oracle Forms & Reports 6i is installed) must be the first home entry in the list. Example: Ora83;Ora82;Ora81;. Hope this helps.

Glenn

Rana <rdabbas_at_ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:9c90g2$j20$1_at_bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> Hi,
>
> I installed Designer 6.0 client into my PC which has Windows 2000.
> I tried to install Oracle8i Enterprise third release but I run into so
 many
> problems
> such as Can not install Oracle8i on Oracle 7xxxx or Oracle 8xxxx.
>
> What I really wanted is to install is the following:
> - Oracle Designer 6.0 (Client/Server).
> - Oracle Forms & Reports 6i
> - Oracle 8i Enterprise release 3.
>
> So any one knows what is the order of installing the above tools on
 Windows