Newbie Trigger Question

From: Andre Cerri <cerri_at_inter_n_o_spa_m_systems.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:21:52 GMT

[Quoted] A couple of questions for you all. I need to update an ODBC DSN when certain SQL statements are executed. I either want to add an entry to a local 'Journal' Table, or update the ODBC DSN directly.

  1. Does an Oracle trigger have access to the actual SQL statement that caused it to be fired? For example, table ABC has an insert trigger that says:

INSERT INTO Journal set STATEMENT = sqlstatement

So when I execute INSERT INTO ABC set COL1=1,COL2=2 the resultant trigger evaluates to:

INSERT INTO Journal set STATEMENT = 'INSERT INTO ABC set COL1=1,COL2=2'

2) Can an Oracle trigger update an ODBC DSN directly? Is this possible using the Transparent Gateway? If so, is the overhead of making and breaking the connection each time to high to make this feasible?

Cheers

Andre
Note anti-spam measures in email address..... Received on Mon Jul 16 2001 - 22:21:52 CEST

Original text of this message