Re: new to oracle forms

From: Phil Haigh <phil.haigh_at_fwpharma.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:26:53 +0100

> I have to add two columns to an oracle DB table which i normally do
 through sql dba commands,
> what i am wondering is what steps do i need to do in forms to display the
 two new columns with
> the data displayed in i

I'm assuming you're using Forms 6.

Select the block in the navigator, then right-click and choose 'data block wizard'. When the data block wizard appears, click on the 'Table' tab. In the 'available columns' list select all new columns and click the '>' key. You can then either use the layout wizard to regenerate your canvas layout, or select the two new fields in the navigator, hit F4 to get the property pallete open, and set 'displayed' to Yes and teh canvas name to the name of your canvas. Then F2 to open the canvas view and drag the fields from the top-left corner to where you want them...

All the best in your forms!

Phil Haigh
Oracle Certified Professional, Developer 6/6i Received on Fri Jul 13 2001 - 17:26:53 CEST

Original text of this message