Forms 6 : when_window_resized fires multiple times

From: Neil <gooner_101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2001 07:50:00 -0700

I have a problem with the when_window_resized trigger firing many times when the window is resized. This is easily reproducible as follows

Create a form with a control block 'BLOCK2' Add a numeric item 'TEXT_ITEM4'

create a form level when_window_resized with the following code

begin
:block2.text_item4 := nvl(:block2.text_item4, 0) + 1; end;

compile and run the form

When the window is resized I would expect the item to increment by 1 each time the window is resized. This doesn't happen, the increment seems to be related to the difference in window sizes before and after the resize.

How can I get this trigger to fire ONCE ONLY per resize operation?

Any Ideas

Neil Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 16:50:00 CEST

Original text of this message