Re: How do I get a block record count ?

From: John <john_millhouse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:36:06 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] For those who are interested, I found the answer.

In the block you wish to count records in...

  1. set the block property "precompute_summaries" to YES.
  2. create a non visible text item, call it "record_count" or similar. Set the datatype to number.
  3. set the item proporties for the "record_count" item as follows.
  4. Calculation mode "summary".
  5. Summary function "Count"
  6. Summary Item "any primary key item name within the block"

[Quoted] This "record_count" item will now reflect the actual number of records in [Quoted] the data block regardless of any updates, deletions, additions.

John