SQLFreeEnv is very slow with Oracle

From: NoSpam <NoSpam_at_NoSpam.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:37:13 -0400

We have a VB application connected to either a MS Sql or an Oracle DB server. Performance-wise, the two are comparable but the Oracle DB takes considerable longer time to shut down. I traced to problem to SQLFreeEnv. It is almost immediate in the case of MsSql but it takes more than eight seconds with Oracle. What does the Oracle driver do in those eight seconds. All statements are closed and the DB is already disconnected and freed before SQLFreeEnv. There was only a small file (> 16K) in the temp directory and I did not notice any disk activity during the SQLFreeEnv.

TIA Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 21:37:13 CEST

Original text of this message